Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending back a damaged item, should I send back unwanted items too? (Hardwareversand)

Options
  • 10-07-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all,

So recently my keyboard has been on the fritz, and its only about a month and a half since I built my PC. Basically the USB port going into the KB is a little wonky and causing it to disconnect if its moved around a bit. Nothing major, but enough to have me considering a return.

Now while I was going through the returns process on their site, I noticed you can straight up get a replacement item for the one you return, and it all seems very "no questions asked" So I thought, maybe I could return some parts I wasn't 100% gone on and replace em with a better item.

Basically it looks like this

Cherry Mx 3.0 blacks ---> Cherry Mx 3.0 Browns

Seagate 600 128gb ---> Samsung Evo 128gb

Thermaltake frio Advanced --> 212 Evo

The price difference is actually in there favour. Other than the obvious moral grey area, is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I suspect that they will just send you the same again.
    I rma'd a faulty mobo and asked for credit as i went and bought a new one.

no reply and finally i got the same board back in the same box too.

after a few mails and a cranky phonecall they told me it had been repaired by manufacturer.
    long story short, it hadn't but too much time has gone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Maybe I should just leave it, if the Keyboard continues to p*ss me off I may have to return it, but for the mean time I will hold out! Would rather not go weeks of arsing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭chiloutus

Update:

Keyboard was driving me demented so I just sent that back and nothing else! Just realised I never put the summary of complaint into the box with the keyboard! How could I be such an idiot! Too excited to get it all packaged up and sent off! Anyone ever make this mistake and how'd it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you vill be taken outside and shot!

Advertisement