Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gáis Level Pay

Options
  • 10-07-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Have moved into a 2 bed apartment in Dublin 20 a little over a month ago. Yesterday I received a level pay bill from bord gais.

Having lived abroad for the last few years I didn't have any history at the address or recent history in dublin but they went ahead and set a standing charge of 120 euro per month for Electricity going on 'previous use'

Seems like an awful lot of money for electricity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

I pay 79 for a 3 bed semi and we dont ever use that much. If you ring them up will they change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Technophobia

They did this to me and I thought it was fair enough till the end of the year and they sent me a bill saying they had under estimated what I would be using and charged me another 700 quid. I had to make a formal complaint to get a payment plan. They keep sending me monthly bills and it keeps adding to whats owed so I can keep up with paying and cant move anywhere else to get a breather.

I never owed a penny and then this!Get your self off the level pay and pay off weekly or monthly a set amount yourself.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

They did this to me and I thought it was fair enough till the end of the year and they sent me a bill saying they had under estimated what I would be using and charged me another 700 quid. I had to make a formal complaint to get a payment plan. They keep sending me monthly bills and it keeps adding to whats owed so I can keep up with paying and cant move anywhere else to get a breather.

I never owed a penny and then this!Get your self off the level pay and pay off weekly or monthly a set amount yourself.

I must say the opposite happened me, after 12 months they reduced my monthly DD as I was constantly in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mummy5

Hi,

Quick question, is your heating in apartment also electric? I am also on level pay with Board Gais and Im paying €120 a month. This is for all my electric use as I have storage heaters. I will be a year in my apartment in November 2014 and then I will have my usage calculated to see what I owe/am owed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I chewed the ear off a bord gas telesales guy last week. It was probably the 10th call I had about switching to level pay. On every occasion I said that I wasn't interested and to stop ringing me about it. I think they got the message this time...!

I pay dd, never miss a payment etc etc... There has to be a profit and incentive in there for them to push it so much.

The way I see it, you either owe them money, so you can't switch to another provider at any time or they owe you electricity so again you won't want to switch.... It's designed to lock you down....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Having dealt with Board Gais before about their billing issues on more than one occasion I would never allow them direct access to my account via a DD again.

Same applies to the ESB. The only companies I would give DD access to are those where the amounts are fixed (Sky, car insurance etc). Irish utility companies seem to be incapable of managing their billing properly.

Advertisement