Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of guests?

Options
  • 10-07-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,
    Just a quick question, I am due to book my venue soon. We are still trying to work out our guest list though (which is a nightmare) I was wondering what is the norm when booking? do you have to give numbers initially or can i give a rough estimate say 80-100 and then let them know when we have the list done?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You can give an estimate number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Give an estimate, but always side on the lower side.
    Depending on the day, the venue may need a min number.
    I've heard of many couples who over estimate and get that figure locked into the contract, so any difference leaves them liable to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Anywhere we went had minimum numbers. The venue we are getting married in had 100 min. We are currently sitting at 101 with 3 weeks to go! Invited 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Andiewoo

We said 140 list has gone to 170 and back down to 156 a few more will drop off! Estimate down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Our first thought was 160, list is at 180, invites are going out in September but we've already had a few people tell us they won't be able to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MildredW

Thanks everyone for the advice. Best of luck on your big day Pooch90, hope all goes really well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, estimate low.

We've gone for a 140 min, inviting ~180, reckon about 150 will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JMour1

We are aiming for 100, have invited 130 but expect drop outs..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Aim for 20% not turning up

Advertisement