Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living beside neglected show house

Options
  • 10-07-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

As title states I live in a small housing estate of approximately 50 houses and my house is situated beside a now neglected show house. It could be deemed a ghost estate as there are a number of properties unfinished. Our garden connects with an unoccupied house that used to be a show house. Its back garden and the tree's that are planted there have started to grow into our house and I am concerned that because the garden hasn’t been maintained it will cause the fence to collapse.

I know who the builder is but I am unsure if the house is now part of Nama or not. The house in question is listed for sale on daft and the sale is being handled by an estate agent. I fear there is no point in complaining to anyone but if I was going to who would be the best person to approach? The county Council or the estate agent or try track down the owner ? The council have been involved with the residents association recently as they are rescinding the builders bond to finish off the housing estate.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Contact the estate agents as they would be in contact with the owner, whether that be the developer, NAMA, the bank etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

great thanks. I am likely to rant... so wanted to make sure I was onto the right person before I called....!!

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

stoutykid wrote: »
    great thanks. I am likely to rant... so wanted to make sure I was onto the right person before I called....!!

Don't rant, as that won't resolve anything, and likely to make matters worse.

Just ring them and let them know that the garden is getting out of hand and that the trees are beginning to impact the adjoining fence. You need them to sort it out before any damage is caused that will have a negative impact on your both financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

My brother lives beside an unoccupied showhouse and has kept tge garden in check and the trees in the rear and lawn in check aswell. He feels it adds a small bit more security as it look occupied and keeps vermin and rodents away.

As a gesture of good will for doing it the developer came back and painted the exterior of his house while painting the showhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

We do keep the front of the show house well kept, however the gate to the show house is locked and I don’t feel it’s my place to go in and maintain the back garden, on top of which I don’t really have the time and its got so out of hand now it would take alot of work to get it under control. I rang the estate agent and he knew instantly what I was talking about, was very sympathetic and said I was the first resident to complain.Think this is more to do with thats its really only my house thats been affected by the back garden. He said that he has been appealing to the owner for some time now as he is trying to sell the property and doesn’t think this helps. Hopefully a complaint might spur him on to do something....!

• Advertisement
Advertisement