Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine/sincere wedding celebrant

Options
  • 09-07-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    My fiancee & I are getting married in less than 2 months time & looked into humanist & spiritualist celebrant but not gone on their beliefs. So we need someone to preside at our ceremony, they can be registered solmeniser or not as we will be married by HSE on friday the day before. We would like a person who has a sincere diposition, able to portray the meaning of marriage (serious but not long winded) and genuine interest in the couples who get married.

Not much to ask :)
    For moderator not sure if there is a thread similiar to this out there, I could not find it.

Thanks v much for any advice..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

If you're doing the legalities the day before, why not get a friend or family member to do the other one? Nobody could portray your love better than someone who really knows you surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Romy from A Beautiful Ceremony did ours. Like yourselves we had the HSE one beforehand.

She was lovely, really friendly and enthusiastic. She gave us loads of help choosing readings etc and putting in things that were important to us and taking out things we weren't into. She was also great at liaising with our photographer and string trio to make sure the music went smoothly and the photographer got good shots. But, most importantly, she comes across as really enjoying what she does and genuinely cares about everything going well and making it a memorable experience. She was really easy to talk to and very on top of emails, etc. and kept on top of us about making decisions so we didn't leave everything until the last minute.

I would get her again in a heartbeat, she's so nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

+1 for A Beautiful Ceremony. Have heard Romy's mother Gabriela also in action as a celebrant, and they are both fantastic. I know you can have a friend do the ceremony, but I think they have so much experience with what they do that personally I'd rather have a professional from outside the family do it.
    I'm sure I was on the site the other day of another crowd who do ceremonies but not approved so to speak, if I come across it I'll send it on but if not, you can't go wrong with Romy or Gabriela! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

I have also heard good things about Romy.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Might be good to contact a local Toastmasters club. People doing their advanced manuals are great speech makers...www.toastmasters.org or www.d71.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ANNEZ

Thanks for all the help, unfortunately Romy is unavailable for our date. Back to the drawing board...marielouise please send me on details of that person. Thanks a mill...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ANNEZ

+1 for A Beautiful Ceremony. Have heard Romy's mother Gabriela also in action as a celebrant, and they are both fantastic. I know you can have a friend do the ceremony, but I think they have so much experience with what they do that personally I'd rather have a professional from outside the family do it.
    I'm sure I was on the site the other day of another crowd who do ceremonies but not approved so to speak, if I come across it I'll send it on but if not, you can't go wrong with Romy or Gabriela! :)

Please send me on details if ye come across it again, thanks v much,..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

ANNEZ wrote: »
    Please send me on details if ye come across it again, thanks v much,..

I racked my brains and realised there were like 10 posts by the same person on WeddingsOnline. They were obviously not a registered supplier and all have been deleted so I can't find them again! Did you try the girls at A Beautiful Ceremony?

Advertisement