Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridesmaids Dress

Options
  • 09-07-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭

We have a wedding coming up in late August, my wife is a bridesmaid and due mid September. She is finding it hard to find a nice dress to flatter her bump.

She has seen some lovely dresses on the internet but they're fairly pricey and she is reluctant to buy something without trying it on first .

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any shops that sells maternity dresses for special occasions. She is looking for Coral Grecian style type and we are based in Dublin.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Dresselicious on ebay. They're based in waterford and its where I got mine 2 years ago when I was bridesmaid at 6 months pregnant. Not too expensive either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

TRS30 wrote: »
    We have a wedding coming up in late August, my wife is a bridesmaid and due mid September. She is finding it hard to find a nice dress to flatter her bump.

She has seen some lovely dresses on the internet but they're fairly pricey and she is reluctant to buy something without trying it on first .

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any shops that sells maternity dresses for special occasions. She is looking for Coral Grecian style type and we are based in Dublin.

Thanks!

Look up Expecting Elegance Maternity Dress Rental on Facebook. Beautiful high end dresses to rent. Owner has great advice when trying on dresses, like a free stylist. Based in Swords. I used them for a family wedding and would definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

tazwaz wrote: »
    Dresselicious on ebay. They're based in waterford and its where I got mine 2 years ago when I was bridesmaid at 6 months pregnant. Not too expensive either

I got my own bridesmaid dresses there. I'm going to be 7 months at my sisters. Can I ask what style did you go with? Did you just order standard off the rack through them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

What size is your wife looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jerrica wrote: »
    What size is your wife looking for?

As a man I'll say small :)

She actually went to see the girl who does Expecting Elegance Maternity Dress Rental and has gone something and something for another wedding we are going to.

Ocean Blue, she asked me to pass on her thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

TRS30 wrote: »
    As a man I'll say small :)

She actually went to see the girl who does Expecting Elegance Maternity Dress Rental and has gone something and something for another wedding we are going to.

Ocean Blue, she asked me to pass on her thanks.

You're very welcome! It's a great service and good value.

Advertisement