Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone line volunteering

Options
  • 09-07-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I am considering volunteering to answer calls for a charity dealing with depression.
    The think is I have suffered from depression myself and have got help the last 9months and feel good at the moment. Is there a time period in which it is recommended not to volunteer for an activity like this, or is it basically an individual decision.

Regards
    Jamesy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

I know for the Samaritans they will have a chat (I don't want to call it an interview) before they start phone training. It is really to see if you are prepared for answering distressing calls etc.
    If they or you feel after the chat you aren't prepared they will advise you not to proceed, although you can volunteer in another capacity.
    Very best of luck with it x

Advertisement