Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enabling HEAT/GATES functionality on HKC GSM-P

Options
  • 09-07-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a SW812 with GSM-P that was installed a few years back. The GSM unit works well for alarm notifications, turning alarm on/off, etc.
    I've a started a small home automation network too - heat, lights, etc., and I'd like to be able to run an output from the GSM box to my home controller.
    When I try xxxx HEAT OFF I get the response 'Heat Not Allowed'. Is this something I've to enable on the unit, or as my unit is 3 years old might I have an old software version? Maybe I should pop the cover and look for a rev. no.
    I also have a diagram of the GSM Unit with a 9 pin terminal block in the lower left (I can't post it yet), and the rightmost pins labelled 1,2,3,4 unused. Are these the configurable outputs from the unit?

Appreciated if this rings a bell with anyone.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

dubb wrote: »
    Hi,

I've a SW812 with GSM-P that was installed a few years back. The GSM unit works well for alarm notifications, turning alarm on/off, etc.
    I've a started a small home automation network too - heat, lights, etc., and I'd like to be able to run an output from the GSM box to my home controller.
    When I try xxxx HEAT OFF I get the response 'Heat Not Allowed'. Is this something I've to enable on the unit, or as my unit is 3 years old might I have an old software version? Maybe I should pop the cover and look for a rev. no.
    I also have a diagram of the GSM Unit with a 9 pin terminal block in the lower left (I can't post it yet), and the rightmost pins labelled 1,2,3,4 unused. Are these the configurable outputs from the unit?

Appreciated if this rings a bell with anyone.

The GSM need to be set up for home automation.
    When you go into the GSM service menu, scroll to default menu and load home automation defaults.

Here is a diagram to show you how to wire a relay from the GSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubb

altor wrote: »
    The GSM need to be set up for home automation.
    When you go into the GSM service menu, scroll to default menu and load home automation defaults.

Here is a diagram to show you how to wire a relay from the GSM.

Thanks a mil altor. You're a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

dubb wrote: »
    Thanks a mil altor. You're a star.

Your welcome, any other questions let us know :)

Advertisement