Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One to keep an eye on

Options
  • 09-07-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

National Service goes in the last at Newmarket tomorrow. Have him down as a max bet the next time he runs over six on quick ground. Had plenty of excuses before finishing well last time at Newmarket to just miss out on the places.

Wouldn't be backing him for tomorrow but knowing my luck he will win when I'm not on, he gets right in at the bottom of the handicap. I think this horse will be rated a stone higher at least come the end of the season. Very much ground dependent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

National Service goes in the last at Newmarket tomorrow. Have him down as a max bet the next time he runs over six on quick ground. Had plenty of excuses before finishing well last time at Newmarket to just miss out on the places.

Wouldn't be backing him for tomorrow but knowing my luck he will win when I'm not on, he gets right in at the bottom of the handicap. I think this horse will be rated a stone higher at least come the end of the season. Very much ground dependent

How do you know he is very much ground dependent? The horse has had only two runs on turf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    How do you know he is very much ground dependent? The horse has had only two runs on turf?

American bred, hated fiber sand, ran woefully on good to soft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Will be interesting to see how he does.

If you aren't going to back him tomorrow Stone of Folca might be worth a few quid, someone posted a tip the other day and he did not run:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91168541&postcount=13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

hucklebuck wrote: »

If you aren't going to back him tomorrow Stone of Folca might be worth a few quid, someone posted a tip the other day and he did not run:

He has his own twitter account. We should hear more straight from the horses mouth tomorrow

https://twitter.com/StoneofFolca

Horse has been pulled out today. Wonder why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Horse has been pulled out today. Wonder why

Ground. Loads of rain made it softish.

Was tongue in cheek Rossom but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Was tongue in cheek Rossom but thanks

No worries. Hard to tell with text!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

hucklebuck wrote: »

This runs today in the 4.05 at York, 20/1 into 12/1 with BET365

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Runs tonight at Sandown 6:00pm

Money seems to be coming for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Just had a bet at 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭carman2011

Tonight's only 5f so might not be the night.

Think that run today screamed for a step up to six and that was a stiff five. Might get dropped a pound or that. I think he will be heavily backed when they do get into him

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

PC FYI, National Service is out tomorrow in 6F handicap 8.20 Wolverhampton

I saw that razor, was full on preparing myself for a max bet tomorrow and then he gets drawn 13/13. That said he races held up so it may not be overly negative but it's hardly positive. He really caught the eye the last day and Dishy Guru who was in behind him won well since. Oisin Murpht on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I saw that razor, was full on preparing myself for a max bet tomorrow and then he gets drawn 13/13. That said he races held up so it may not be overly negative but it's hardly positive. He really caught the eye the last day and Dishy Guru who was in behind him won well since. Oisin Murpht on tomorrow
    I have been keeping an eye on draws at Wolverhampton since they went to tapeta in the hope of trying to gain an edge. Don't have my notebook with stats with me, but the widest drawn horse over this trip has won a few times. It's obviously early days, but from what I can see, there's no discernible bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

And Oisin rode a winner for Williams yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

May back him during In-Play... hoping to get a bigger price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have doubled National Service with Al Mukhdam in the 7:20.

nice!

• Advertisement

What price Frankie, Ladbrokes opened a huge 6/1 last night, he was 4/1 and 7/2 elsewhere. Bit weak this morning but stronger now, this is a punting yard. Thought he would be absolutely smashed the night he is going to win. Not smashed but strong tonight

I would have this down as a 2/1 shot if he wasn't drawn 13 and a max bet. I'd be disappointed if he didn't go close tonight though

wow.... cant afford to be losing ground like that! He'll win once he gets out of the stalls

My stream cut right at the off, did he walk out patcho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

My stream cut right at the off, did he walk out patcho

Walked out but was back on terms quick enough, no excuses 2 out, was well positioned but gave Murphy nada. Just didn't settle/doesn't settle.
    Only positive is he should be knocked down a couple of pounds and will be a much bigger price next time out!

Have kept an eye on him since you started this thread and was sure tonight was the night. Gonna keep him in the notebook for few more starts.

I could just be totally wrong and he is a nag. Might chance him once more over 6 but won't be going overboard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I could just be totally wrong and he is a nag. Might chance him once more over 6 but won't be going overboard

Might well be a nag but the yard don't seem to think so and the ATR pundit tonight(his name escapes me) pretty much echoed what you've said.
    You just know he'll win on the snaff at 50s one dreary night in February and this thread will be bumped......

Advertisement