Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Cig won't work

Options
  • 09-07-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought eGO CE4 by some brand ( can't remember the name ) in my local spar.

Got e liquid, filled it up like instructed but it just won't work. it's turned on and the light is blue when i hold it and vape but when i try and vape it just doesn't produce any vapour?

It did work once time when i kept trying it so i thought maybe it was low on the e liquid i put it so i filled it up more and it went a bit over the 1.6ml mark. Has this somehow broken it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Unscrew the ce4 clearomizer from the battery and check that is clean and free from liquid or dirt. If the blue led is coming on then the battery is doing what it should, so either the connection isn't tight or the head isn't working. Screw it back on and try again.

Take a couple of long pulls without pressing the button. Then press the button and hold it for a second or two and then try. You should hear a faint sizzling if it is working.

Over filling wouldn't cause it to fail, you'd probably just end up with some liquid in your mouth - which isn't very pleasant.

The clearomizers you get in newsagents and petrol stations aren't always the best. You'll find better ones at better prices in the dedicated e-cigarette shops around and online.

Fair play, and best of luck getting off the smokes. There's a little bit to learn, but not too much and it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Did you charge the battery?

you might have got one that wasn't charged enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭geoffrie1

F-Stop wrote: »
    Unscrew the ce4 clearomizer from the battery and check that is clean and free from liquid or dirt. If the blue led is coming on then the battery is doing what it should, so either the connection isn't tight or the head isn't working. Screw it back on and try again.

Take a couple of long pulls without pressing the button. Then press the button and hold it for a second or two and then try. You should hear a faint sizzling if it is working.

Over filling wouldn't cause it to fail, you'd probably just end up with some liquid in your mouth - which isn't very pleasant.

The clearomizers you get in newsagents and petrol stations aren't always the best. You'll find better ones at better prices in the dedicated e-cigarette shops around and online.

Fair play, and best of luck getting off the smokes. There's a little bit to learn, but not too much and it's worth it.

Hey man, thanks for the information. I actually got it working by loosening the connection between the battery and the clearomiser thingy :p bit strange, if i tighten the connection it doesn't work.

Any advise on a nice e liquid? I got a red bull and cherry flavour and god they are horrible. I used to smoke marlboro lights, i guess i should of went for a tobacco flavour but got a bit carried away when i saw the crazy flavours. I'd love a nice coffee flavor?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Good stuff. Glad you got it sorted.

As far as coffee goes, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

If you are looking for good tobacco-like flavours, after much searching I found House of Liquid's Cigarillo's and Eden (like Cigarillos but with a slight apple flavour) to be the best, and if you really need a smokey kick Puros. They aren't the cheapest, but they are NETs, which means the they are steeped in tobacco leaves. You can buy them here. They have sample sizes too. Be warned, for everyone that loves these there is another who thinks they are muck. Such is the way with personal taste.

If you want something cheaper try Hanseng or Dekang RY4. I find a lot of the 'tobacco' flavours don't taste anything like tobacco, but are still quite nice. The thing is the more you vape, and the more liquids you try, the less you'll care about them being like smokes - but starting out it's a good way to go.

At the moment my favourite liquid is Pipesauce's Long Bottom Leaf. It's kind of an aromatic pipe tobacco flavour with a citrus/marmalade after taste. That and Eden mentioned above are my all day vapes. That's my two cents.

Advertisement