Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 09-07-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I have recently purchased a Quantum 70 alarm panel and various sensors including a door contact and PIR's. I have been bench testing the panel and come across a problem that I hope someone out there will be able to solve for me.

1). I set the alarm via a user code (full set) and use the door contact (Zone 1) as the E/E zone.
    2). I then open the door contact (Zone 1) to simulate entry to the property and I cannot disarm the panel with the user code. The display reads 'PRESENT PROX TAG' and the keypad is ignored. Only when the entry timer has expired and the system goes into an alarm state that I can then enter my user code.

I did at one point have a Prox Tag assigned to User 1 but I have since removed this association and there is no tag linked to a User code.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Do a full EN50131 default on it and start again

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

ozzy1609 wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently purchased a Quantum 70 alarm panel and various sensors including a door contact and PIR's. I have been bench testing the panel and come across a problem that I hope someone out there will be able to solve for me.

1). I set the alarm via a user code (full set) and use the door contact (Zone 1) as the E/E zone.
    2). I then open the door contact (Zone 1) to simulate entry to the property and I cannot disarm the panel with the user code. The display reads 'PRESENT PROX TAG' and the keypad is ignored. Only when the entry timer has expired and the system goes into an alarm state that I can then enter my user code.

I did at one point have a Prox Tag assigned to User 1 but I have since removed this association and there is no tag linked to a User code.

Any ideas?

User options make sure the user dosent have code and prox set to yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ozzy1609

Hi, thanks for your quick response. I tried a full reset on the panel to EN50131 but unfortunately this didn't resolve the issue. I have however managed to find out what was causing it. It is a menu option in the System Options Menu under BS8243 - Police Options. There is a setting called Prox Entry where if set to YES a Proximity Tag must be used. It looks like the default setting is YES but now having changed it to NO I can unset the panel using a user code.

Thanks again kub and stuartkee

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Where'd you buy the kit from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ozzy1609

Hi, it was from a company called Enterprise Security Distribution Ltd

Regards, ozzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Ah that explains why it was a default setting.
    That quantum panel is designed for the UK market. You'll have to source any extra wireless gear from the UK as the Irish gear isn't compatible with the UK gear. I don't think you even have a warranty over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

its an uk standard to unset with prox so your a little snookered there

Advertisement