Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing problem

Options
  • 09-07-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I moved home a year ago after me and my boyfriend split up. We haven't spoken since the split I am back living with my parents and two kids but the house is crowded and I want to get a place of my own but without a job renting is not a option so I went to the council and explained my situation to them but I've been told according to Irish Law I have an interest in the house because I lived there for more than 5 years, I have been told to get a solicitor I can't afford a solicitor, without the council saying I have a housing need I can't get a house any suggestions as to what I can do I need my own space for me and my children

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,822 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Go and see the Family Law Advisory Centre. If ya don't know where to find them, ask at Citizen's Information.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Go and see the Family Law Advisory Centre. If ya don't know where to find them, ask at Citizen's Information.

Do you mean FLAC? As in the Free Legal Advice Centre....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I would imagine so

Link here

http://www.flac.ie/

Advertisement