Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Purely a question out of curiosity, the incoming N plate.

Options
  • 09-07-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

And I suppose since the introduction of Learners requiring to be accompanied by a full license driver while driving...

My curiosity is this;

How the heck do young adults living alone and such, who's got no one to accompany them, supposed to drive with this rule...?

It's like the rule's been in place with the thought design of kids learning to drive that's still living with their parents who've got the time to spare...

Are they just supposed to sit idly by with their provisional and new full license, for the next 2 years, waiting around doing nothing with their car until someone's got the time to spare ?

A lot of people don't have someone with the free time to accompany them, with this law it seems like only trips to the shop and back, and doesn't allow for people going to work unless the person accompanying them is also going there... How do people cope with this exactly?

Pretty ridiculous law if you ask me -.-;

Thankfully I got my license before this silly introduction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

N plates don't need to be accompanied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I only ever drove the instructors car until i passed my test.
    But i didnt think the new rule meant that you had to accompanied after passing the test, but you still need to keep the n plates for the 2 years.

And i think a mod will move this as there is already a long thread about the new n plates

Advertisement