Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you trust these people?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have you tried the dress, or any dresses, on? I ask because you'd be amazed at how what you think will look great on you, might look absolutely terrible in reality. Regardless of the quality of those sites, you would be a fool to order without trying the dress itself or very similar on.

As for the sites themselves, they're generally Chinese knock-offs. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get a great quality product. Mostly you'll get a very average product that's nowhere near as luxurious as the real thing. Sometimes it'll all go terribly wrong and you'll get something awful. I've never heard of that site in particular but maybe others can offer personal experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

If you post link to pic of the dress you like someone might be able to point you in right direction of something similar. Totally agree that dresses look different on so it better to try before buy I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

If you post link to pic of the dress you like someone might be able to point you in right direction of something similar. Totally agree that dresses look different on so it better to try before buy I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Faith wrote: »
    Have you tried the dress, or any dresses, on? I ask because you'd be amazed at how what you think will look great on you, might look absolutely terrible in reality. Regardless of the quality of those sites, you would be a fool to order without trying the dress itself or very similar on.

As for the sites themselves, they're generally Chinese knock-offs. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get a great quality product. Mostly you'll get a very average product that's nowhere near as luxurious as the real thing. Sometimes it'll all go terribly wrong and you'll get something awful. I've never heard of that site in particular but maybe others can offer personal experiences.

THIS!!!

Try a similar style on before you buy it. I went a completely different way to what I thought I was going. What I wanted just didn't suit me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Definitely agree with trying the style of dress on. I was convinced I'd get a Jenny Packham boho style floaty number and when I tried them on they looked awful. I looked like I was wearing a bed sheet! :D

I ended up getting something completely different that the shop assistant insisted I tried on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Definitely agree with trying the style of dress on. I was convinced I'd get a Jenny Packham boho style floaty number and when I tried them on they looked awful. I looked like I was wearing a bed sheet! :D

I ended up getting something completely different that the shop assistant insisted I tried on

I was going for a trumpet style skirt, tried it on and it was horrible on me. I ended up going with the big tulle princess style skirt... the sales woman actually picked it out for me in one shop, I'd have never gone for that style myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Thanks so much for your advice everyone. I've emailed a stockist of the dress to make an appointment for a fitting. I'm reluctant to post a picture of the dress because my fiance uses boards as well and i'd be afraid he'd have a sneaky peek. ;)

If I tried it on and it was lovely, would any of you order from these sites? Does anyone have any success stories with them? I know it's a big risk.. The dress is lace - not sure if that makes it more prone to going t1ts up or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you've got the time, and money to spare, then order the dress and take a chance on it. But make sure you'll have it in enough time to buy and pay for a proper dress in a bricks and mortar shop if it doesn't work out.

Advertisement