Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quadcopter found in Cork

Options
  • 08-07-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I found a quadcopter (or whatever you call it) in my garden today.
    - see pictures for a good look

I left it on my garden pillar for over and hour but decided to take it inside in case kids took it and wrecked it.
    What do I do with this?
    - Chuck it in the bin
    - Contact local Cork clubs if there are any
    - stick some pictures up in local shops with my number
    - other.....

I'm hoping someone on Boards owns it...

Anyway, let me know what you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

what part of cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Cork City - Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

okay. Just find a local club and they might know who lost it

Emailed these guys: http://www.corkmodelaeroclub.net not sure who else to contact. Will see how it goes.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

LeNNoX wrote: »
    Emailed these guys: http://www.corkmodelaeroclub.net not sure who else to contact. Will see how it goes.

Cheers.

Other ...

In one of the photos ( #3) - there appears to be a photo lens?

Another photo (#1) shows an USB connection - reckon someone has been doing some DIY 'covert' surveillance.

Plug the USB via connector to a PC and see what it has recorded - you should see images from point of origin - will help ID owner .....

• Advertisement

That's not a normal usb connection, doesn't fit any of my laptop or tablet connections.
    Any other idea's?

When I connect the battery up, a timer/clock lights up beeps and flashes different numbers. Can't leave it on now, it'd wake the kids, will stick it on tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

OP,you should also post this over in the Cork City forum.There was a lot of talk there about quadcopters a few weeks back.

That's not a normal usb connection, doesn't fit any of my laptop or tablet connections.
    Any other idea's?

When I connect the battery up, a timer/clock lights up beeps and flashes different numbers. Can't leave it on now, it'd wake the kids, will stick it on tomorrow morning.

Go to your nearest PC shop tmrw and get correct connector. Am I right about the camera lens in photo 3?

Question - what are you connecting the battery to?

Edit - ignore that - saw that battery was separate - was it disconnected when u found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Swiko

Anyway, let me know what you think?

Thanks for posting it. I've sent PM to you.

Swiko confirmed as the owner & reunited with his quadcopter.

Job Done.
    Thanks all for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

gozunda wrote: »

Another photo (#1) shows an USB connection - reckon someone has been doing some DIY 'covert' surveillance.

It's an FPV camera, used to allow the user fly from the model's perspective via goggles or a screen, not for "surveillance" -camera is low resolution and very wide lens, so would be useless for that.
    They also make a fierce buzzy noise, no pretty non-"covert" also.

Swiko confirmed as the owner & reunited with his quadcopter.

Job Done.
    Thanks all for the advice.

Once again - thanks Lenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CNTRLR

just as a matter of interest what type of quad is that?

civdef wrote: »
    It's an FPV camera, used to allow the user fly from the model's perspective via goggles or a screen, not for "surveillance" -camera is low resolution and very wide lens, so would be useless for that.
    They also make a fierce buzzy noise, no pretty non-"covert" also.

Right so ;)

CNTRLR wrote: »
    just as a matter of interest what type of quad is that?

That's a quadcopter built by me mainly for fun and FPV. Frame is called DRQ250, there's quite a lot to read about it on the internet.

Advertisement