Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Campbell Memorial Donore Sun Jul 27th

Options
  • 08-07-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Its time for our final open promotion of the season.Having already promoted the Coombes Connor,Peter Bidwell Mem.Boyne GP.and Dunsany GP its time now for one that's close to my heart.

BRENDAN CAMPBELL MEMORIAL RACE SUN JULY 27TH
    VENUE DONORE.DROGHEDA
    SIGN ON SCOIL NAOMH MHUIRE DONORE FROM 10.30AM
    SPONSORED FOR 18TH TIME BY COCA COLA INT SERVICES

PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
    12 MIDDAY A4 RACE 8 X LAPS OF THE USUAL 6.4 K CIRCUIT TOTAL 51.2K
    12.02 U16 6 X LAPS
    12.04 U14 3 X LAPS
    12.06 U12 1 X LAP

2.00PM A+/A1/A2/A3/JUN HANDICAP RACE 13 X LAPS 83KM
    2.05 WOMANS RACE [NAT LEAGUE EVENT]7X LAPS 45KM
    CATEGORY PRIZES FOR ALL CATS IN MAIN RACE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Great race, I always loved doing this. Unfortunately on hols this year so best of luck to all competitors and organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

13 laps of the donore circuit will be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

lennymc wrote: »
    13 laps of the donore circuit will be fun :)

I have never managed the 13 lenny ,maybe this year ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭wav1

BUMP.Please spread the details for Sunday as above.Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

10 was the best I ever managed, every time I rode this ended up having a pint watching the finish ;)

Kinda explains why I never finished I suppose...........

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    10 was the best I ever managed, every time I rode this ended up having a pint watching the finish ;)

Kinda explains why I never finished I suppose...........
    Nice venue for that kind of activity also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Got a link to a route of the lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Got a link to a route of the lap?

http://app.strava.com/segments/1245882

Rolling circuit, as the laps stack up it starts to take its toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

This is an excellent circuit and as said, it gets exhausting after a few laps. Do a warm up on it if you have time, as there's one corner there that was the deciding factor for a lot of lads last year. A shame I have to miss it this year.

donorecircuit.jpg

• Advertisement

Had a few calls today from guys down south as the race down there is cancelled at the weekend.
    FYI Sign on is 3 minutes from exit9 from M1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Got any of those gels left Wav1? I might need some if I make an appearance at this!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

The Brendan Campbell Memorial women's race is Round 6 of this year's Joe Daly Cycles National League, preview here.... http://womenscycling.ie/national-league-round-6-donore/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Be my first open race also my better half is planning on doing the women's race we have upgraded her licence but not in time to get her numbers i take it she can rent numbers for the day

Be my first open race also my better half is planning on doing the women's race we have upgraded her licence but not in time to get her numbers i take it she can rent numbers for the day

if she has her email printout showing her licence number she can bring that to the sign on and the commisairres should be able to provide her with a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

lennymc wrote: »
    if she has her email printout showing her licence number she can bring that to the sign on and the commisairres should be able to provide her with a number.

Perfect

All good to go here in Donore.Alls in place i hope.See ye all tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

wav1 wrote: »
    All good to go here in Donore.Alls in place i hope.See ye all tomorrow.

What time does sign on close for the A1/2/3 race?

Thanks.

Cond0r wrote: »
    What time does sign on close for the A1/2/3 race?

Thanks.
    1.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Big thanks to DW for giving us a dig out with spare tubes. My son had 2 flats during the warm up and then again during the race. Very kind folks up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Great racing today. Testing little circuit that. Thanks to Drogheda Wheelers - very well marshaled and organised.

Thanks to the 198 riders who graced us with their presence today,plus the 45 in the youth races.Good day had by all I hope and some fantastic racing on this tight and tough circuit.To all who helped in any way many thanks from all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Job done 82km 13 laps in the pain cave,I was actually thinking about an unplaced pot until a touch of wheels ahead of me on the run in put the wind up me.... still very pleased

Thanks to all @ team wav, super race

Job done 82km 13 laps in the pain cave,I was actually thinking about an unplaced pot until a touch of wheels ahead of me on the run in put the wind up me.... still very pleased

Thanks to all @ team wav, super race
    Animal....That beut of a bike has bounced off enough roads for one year.

Big thanks to DW for giving us a dig out with spare tubes. My son had 2 flats during the warm up and then again during the race. Very kind folks up there.

didn't know that you were on here. It was wav1 that had the tubes, and me that picked them up. Glad you got sorted.

I enjoyed the day. 13 laps on the motorbike is a hell of a lot easier than on the bike bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Well done great race today the A1s were fairly moving thought 1 of the ucd lads were going to take the win as there were 3 in the break away group but we're caught on last lap well done to alaster mcauley who won

Advertisement