Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4 or A6 estate?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Cramped yes,cheap no.

The A4 avant isn't really a proper estate car (it's just a saloon car with a bit more space and nicer looks - personal opinion)

If he needs an estate for genuine estate reasons i.e work gear, Big dog,kids seats in back and a bit of room to get them in/out etc then i would opt for the A6. If he needs a family car with a bit more boot space then the A4.

Also if you go to the UK to buy don't get one with cloth seats and halogen headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

you cant go wrong with a skoda superb combi either if you are shopping in the uk - pretty much the same engines and gearboxes, and much bigger inside than either the A4 or A6 avants.

that said, in a decent spec, the A6 is a nicer place (slightly) to be than an elegance or L&K trim superb

t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

tmg wrote: »
    you cant go wrong with a skoda superb combi either if you are shopping in the uk - pretty much the same engines and gearboxes, and much bigger inside than either the A4 or A6 avants.

that said, in a decent spec, the A6 is a nicer place (slightly) to be than an elegance or L&K trim superb

t.

Skoda superb is a nice bus but it's not a patch on either the A4 or A6 in my eyes. My previous car was an 01 A4 avant, i stepped out of it one day and drove a superb to Belfast and back it was a lovely car but getting back into my 01 A4 (which was 10/11 years old at the time) i felt i was going up in comfort and build quality.

That's all only personal opinion of course. However i hate when someone starts a thread looking for advice on X car and someone mentions Y car lol. The whole same engines/parts/car etc thing is a nice selling point that (mostly) skoda owners go on about but the are not the same, the build quality / materials used in an Audi are just better than the Skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

tossy wrote: »
    Skoda superb is a nice bus but it's not a patch on either the A4 or A6 in my eyes. My previous car was an 01 A4 avant, i stepped out of it one day and drove a superb to Belfast and back it was a lovely car but getting back into my 01 A4 (which was 10/11 years old at the time) i felt i was going up in comfort and build quality.

That's all only personal opinion of course. However i hate when someone starts a thread looking for advice on X car and someone mentions Y car lol. The whole same engines/parts/car etc thing is a nice selling point that (mostly) skoda owners go on about but the are not the same, the build quality / materials used in an Audi are just better than the Skoda.

Have to agree. I have an 03 audi a4 and am test driving ford Mondeos, Opel insignias and Skoda's. Definitely a less sturdy feel about them and the trim feels a little cheap and plasticiky.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

tossy wrote: »
    Cramped yes,cheap no.

Also if you go to the UK to buy don't get one with cloth seats and halogen headlights.

What's wrong with cloth seats and halogen headlights , are they that bad or just bad for resale value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

bbsrs wrote: »
    What's wrong with cloth seats and halogen headlights , are they that bad or just bad for resale value?

The more extras a car has will make it easier to sell at least, and more than likely for more money.

Then there's the value you get from them - there's no comparison on the quality of light from xenons to halogens IMO, and leather is much more befitting of a car in that class. To not have either on a car in that class smacks of cheapness.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

The more extras a car has will make it easier to sell at least, and more than likely for more money.

Then there's the value you get from them - there's no comparison on the quality of light from xenons to halogens IMO, and leather is much more befitting of a car in that class. To not have either on a car in that class smacks of cheapness.

Granted the xenons are nice to have , for me I'd choose cloth over leather but I accept it does add more resale value. Having neither wouldn't bother me though or make it any less of a car . Hopefully it makes the car 1k or more cheaper and I'd willingly suffer the humiliation of driving such a low spec Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Any views on the reliability/running costs on the Audi 2.0Tdi?

Mileage will be heading towards 100k but will have FSH.

Advertisement