Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property viewing friday, What kinda questions i need to ask?

Options
  • 08-07-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Going to view a house this Friday, Its about 8-10 years old, Its rural, I've no idea what to be asking about, anyone have a list of questions(i did try to see if there was a list on here somewhere, But couldn't find one, If there is a list i apologize)

Thanks in advance4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

What are the noise levels like at night during the week AND weekend!
    Is there any local payments (€25) to keep the area tidy with the other locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is there a septic tank, well, what's included in the sale. What type heating? Can you see an average bill from the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can they afford to sell it
    Is it in negative equity
    Do they need a letter of consent from the bank to sell and if so, is it in place and ready to be produced by a solicitor.
    If its rural, does it have a well and septic tank. If so, is it registered and certified.
    Have there been any extensions
    Whats the BER. Can you get the number so you can access the report online
    where is the sun (i.e. warmest part of the house)
    Also walk around the house while another person stays put and see if its noisy.
    Look for leak marks in ceilings, grubbiness around the shower and kitchen. Demonstrates how well kept it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Buying or renting?

If its buying, then you dont need a list of questions.

There is only one question - Do I want to live here?

Answer that one first, and and then come back with your list of questions on a second viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

What are the circumstances of the sale is another question - are the owners moving, is it an executor sale (if so has probate been extracted).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Clive wrote: »
    What are the circumstances of the sale is another question - are the owners moving, is it an executor sale (if so has probate been extracted).

Can i ask this question of the estate agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Buying or renting?

If its buying, then you dont need a list of questions.

There is only one question - Do I want to live here?

Answer that one first, and and then come back with your list of questions on a second viewing.

Buying...perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Broadband connections? TV reception as it's rural?

Neighbours - what are they like?

Advertisement