Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of a wine trip to France in September

Options
  • 08-07-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all.
    I am researching all options on wedding wines and sourcing same at the moment. I am giving very serious consideration to making a trip to France in september to load up!
    I have worked out budgets taking ferry, fuel, time, accommodation for one night and corkage into consideration. I have also looked at late september because this will be the start of the wine festivals.
    What I am trying to find out is
    1) What are the best places to shop for large quantities of wine within easy striking distance of Cherbourg or Roscoff?
    2) Mod Snip

I am putting it out there because as i have said, its looking like a viable option if i was buying in large enough quantities!

Seeking opinions guys,

Ian

Due to a minefield of legal issues I've snipped item 2.

Please read the charter for further clarification.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You're looking at legal issues if you buy on behalf of someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Cherbourg has all the big supermarkets - check which ones have their wine fair in late Sept (eg e Leclerc usually starts in early october, but you might find SuperU of carrefour has their fair). There is a big Carrefour very near the port, and all the other supermarkets within a short drive.

You can get the brochures for the fair online, on the supermarket website, before travelling - so you can do your research in advance (and hope they still have stock!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

We've used Normandie Wine Warehouse in Cherbourg a number of times for both weddings and personal use, found them very helpful and better value than the supermarkets.

Advertisement