Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing A Scheme as a Receptionist

Options
  • 08-07-2014 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hello, hoping this is the right place to post.
    Sorry for the mega long post.
    I'll be finishing a scheme with Tus soon, I did 4 months of childcare and changed to working on reception, haven't really gained anything from it.

Lately I've been considering going back to college, but I'm wary, I've not done well in school and found college a bit similar. I really liked being a receptionist even though outside the scheme it would be different. I saw a 10 week and full year course in training with same qualifications but what will employers look for? Is it worth pursuing? My education is only LC level.

Other than that I don't know what I could do other than retail and call center. Before this I worked in a charity shop and in Dunnes Stores (hated DS). In school I liked art, art history and history, hated maths and Irish.

Pros - organizing, good with people (polite, good on phone, tolerant), decent on computers, good with kids but it's not a career I want or wanted, arty.
    Cons - terrible at maths, dislike forcing a sale on someone, no interest in food or science careers, something very stressful all the time would kinda be out too.

Art therapy had been suggested but not sure if that's a good way to go or what's involved.
    Any other ideas for me?

Advertisement