Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eyebrow piercing

Options
  • 08-07-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone.

So I got my eyebrow pierced back in January of this year. Everything went well with it: I loved it and always made sure to keep it clean. I had it pierced for over 8 weeks and I changed to a a smaller sized piercing, a surgical steel piercing that was coated black. Everything was going fine with the new piercing for about 2 months when I noticed the piercing was getting a little red. The bottom and top holes were red and looked sore even though they were fine before this.

I thought the piercing was infected and kept cleaning it but it is still red to this day (that's over 2 months like this). I used to clean it with the aftercare given to me by my piercer (a known, respectable piercing studio) but switched to sea salt soak to see if that would help but it didn't. I went to my piercer and even another studio who just suggested the same things like keep cleaning it and they assured me it's not infected and not rejecting.

Last Friday, I had the piercing changed from the black one to a new original surgical steel piercing in case I might be allergic to the coating of the black one. To be honest, it hasn't got any less red but I have to say that the hole of the piercing is not as sore and sensitive as before and I'm wondering if it is starting to return to normal. I am doing sea salt soaks twice a day (1/8th of a teaspoon to a cup of hot water). I really do like my eyebrow piercing but now I have to ask if it's truly worth this hassle. I don't like having a red mark around it that looks like I don't treat it well when I do and I am considering taking it out at a piercing studio.

I hope you guys have some opinions or thoughts on this and that you could advise me. I don't want to have to remove it but if I can't get rid of this irritation around it, I don't see much other choice.

One last thing I'll add is that I had a fairly intense past six months. I suffered a bereavement of a close family member which led to me drinking and going out much much more than before - putting my body under stress. I'm not sure if this could affect my piercing condition in any way but wanted to add that info in to be sure.

Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Try switching from the steel to implant grade titanium. Possibly might be a reaction to nickel in the steel. Titanium will help you out if thats the case.

And yeah, piercings can act up and become angry with stress in your life. And you've got to remember your piercing is not fully healed either, full healing on an eyebrow can take anywhere from 8-12 months. So if you're stressed, your body becomes stressed and can mess with shit like piercings.

Advertisement