Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syringe in House

Options
  • 08-07-2014 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Moved in to a supposedly unfurnished house today. The place was filthy even though the agent still claims 'a team of cleaners' cleared the place. Every drawer and floor was full of dirt from the previous tenant. House full of belongings and furniture.

Any way after going through the house, I saw a pink piece of plastic in a drawer. On grabbing it I realised a needle had got me in the finger. It drew a bit of blood.

Does anyone know firstly what this is? I'm pretty sure it's a needle for a baby heel prick test.

Secondly how should I proceed? I know people's knee jerk reaction is to go straight to hospital, but if this is a baby needle I'm not too worried. However I am very unhappy with the letting agent in regards to other broken promises and this sent me over the edge. How would you deal with this?

0zCooNC.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    Moved in to a supposedly unfurnished house today. The place was filthy even though the agent still claims 'a team of cleaners' cleared the place. Every drawer and floor was full of dirt from the previous tenant. House full of belongings and furniture.

Any way after going through the house, I saw a pink piece of plastic in a drawer. On grabbing it I realised a needle had got me in the finger. It drew a bit of blood.

Does anyone know firstly what this is? I'm pretty sure it's a needle for a baby heel prick test.

Secondly how should I proceed? I know people's knee jerk reaction is to go straight to hospital, but if this is a baby needle I'm not too worried. However I am very unhappy with the letting agent in regards to other broken promises and this sent me over the edge. How would you deal with this?

It's a sharpie used by diabetics to prick their fingers to draw blood for their blood glucose monitors :)

I wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

wiz569 wrote: »
    It's a sharpie used by diabetics to prick their fingers to draw blood for their blood glucose monitors :)

Makes a lot of sense there is no other end to the needle. Cheers for that. I'll come off the warpath so...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭magicmonkeys

wiz569 wrote: »

I can confirm, use the exact same model myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I wouldn't over-stress about it, but I would check in with a GP on getting blood tests. Although I've no idea what that needle in particular is for, there are plenty of blood-borne pathogens out there that someone with diabetes may/not also have.

I would also be getting onto the letting agent and getting them to pay for the GP visit, for a professional clean, for anything else you feel necessary. Sounds like a crappy situation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Thanks for clearing it up lads. Mods if you can change the title to "Non-Issue in House" I'd much appreciate it.

Advertisement