Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Broken Monitor

Options
  • 07-07-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

HI,
    I have a CTX E24M5G monitor that was serving me just fine until today when my son decided to let the inner smoke free... So, the monitor is banjaxed beyond repair and needs replacing.

However, there is a problem in that my monitor was built into a special cupboard (don't ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time...) and so the replacement needs to have the same EXTERNAL dimensions. There is no stand, just the monitor itself. Of course, when I search for the same monitor, I get the news that that model is now discontinued.
    All of the tech sheets for the monitors I see available give dimensions including the stand, and so I need some help.

The gap I have available for the monitor is 560mm Wide by 335mm High (The dims given on the spec sheet are of course wrong!). Depth is not a real issue.

SOOOooooo, can anybody tell me where to find either an exact replacement or advice on a similar sized monitor?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Most screens allow you to unscrew the stand mount but you would need to attach it to some thing to keep it up like a wall mount.

The size you have would actually just fit a hp compaq la2306x on the stand at the lowest level but Im sure most 23 widescreens would fit. It close though might be worth taking a tape measure into the shop with you and having a look at a few models.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Thewanderer_ie

The monitor is built into a flip-top desk- bare desk by day, gaming station by night. I removed the stand and did not have the depth for a standard wall mount, so built a special box that just softly clamps the outside of the monitor, sort of like a picture frame. I don'y want to rebuild the picture frame bit, but may have to.

When I get time, I am going to head to the shop with a tape measure for sure, but not all shops would have all brands, may need a few visits...

Cheers!

Advertisement