Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Phones 4g vs others 4g

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey Folks,

Last week i bought the Galaxy s5 on Three Ireland network. Since then the 3g and 4g network connections haven't been great. Now i am aware that it is dependant on how far away from the masts you are etc, but i still do not get a great connection.

e.g - on 3g in longford i get about 3-4mbps when doing a speed test but using a friends iphone on 3 they get 10mbps. (Based on Speedtest.net).

As for 4g i was in mullingar co.westmeath which has 4g and on the iphone we got 46mbps but on the galaxy s5 i got 12mbps.

basically my question is;

Is there anything that can be done to improve the connection speed on the galaxy s5 as 12mbps on 4g when could be getting 46 is a little disappointing.

I will mention i tried in mullingar with a galaxy s4 on 4g and they got 15mbps so i know its not specifically my phone and the network is fine as works on the iphone without issues.

if anyone knows of a way to sort this then i would greatly appreciate this as i want to get the most out of my new phone.

Thanks

Paul

Advertisement