Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Monitored alarm advice

Options
  • 07-07-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I am looking to replace the existing alarm in my house (2 storey 3 bed semi). I have been looking around and i think that a wireless self monitoring is the best way to go but would like some advice if others have used these systems and what they think.

Does anyone have any system recommendations, so far i have looked at the visonics and siemens but am having trouble finding anyone that will install these. So if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I am based in Dublin

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mister D wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to replace the existing alarm in my house (2 storey 3 bed semi). I have been looking around and i think that a wireless self monitoring is the best way to go but would like some advice if others have used these systems and what they think.

Does anyone have any system recommendations, so far i have looked at the visonics and siemens but am having trouble finding anyone that will install these. So if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I am based in Dublin

Thanks.

If your house was wired for an alarm system then replacing with a hybrid system will allow you utilize the existing cables plus add wire free devices if needs be in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mister D

Thanks for the tip altor but the system being replaced is also wireless.

Thanks for the tip altor but the system being replaced is also wireless.

What system have you installed?

Its an FM4000E.

Its an FM4000E.

Never seen that system before.
    For wireless I would recommend HKC sensors.
    There are comparison threads here to have a look at also.
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor, I have gone through some of them already. One of the things i would like to get is a pir motion detector with camera but it doesnt look like HKC does these. Do yo know if they do them or would you recommend one?

Thanks.

Thanks Altor, I have gone through some of them already. One of the things i would like to get is a pir motion detector with camera but it doesnt look like HKC does these. Do yo know if they do them or would you recommend one?

Thanks.

They don't do PIR cameras.
    You would be looking at the Risco agility for them. Nice App with the ability to take snap shots too.

Thanks for the help Altor thats the type of thing i'm after.

Always happy to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The agility is a fantastic bit of kit. You'll need a gsm unit or IP card to allow the setup of the app. It's easy. If you get the I/0 Home automation module you can control gates/heating Ect and it supports x10 devices which can be bought cheaply on ebay. There's a Z-wave module slot on the main panel board.

• Advertisement

Evolution1 wrote: »
    The agility is a fantastic bit of kit. You'll need a gsm unit or IP card to allow the setup of the app. It's easy. If you get the I/0 Home automation module you can control gates/heating Ect and it supports x10 devices which can be bought cheaply on ebay. There's a Z-wave module slot on the main panel board.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know about the z-wave feature. Pricing round at the moment feel free to recommend an installer.

Advertisement