Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happens here ?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

I've seen this property in D15. Not interested in buying myself but just wondered what happens in this situation where two apts have been builth without building permission.Can a buyer get a mortgage for this property ? Would it be a problem to get permission after the fact...

http://www.daft.ie/sales/2a-huntstown-green-clonsilla-dublin/969882/

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'm guessing that the best option would be to convert it back into the family home with which it currently has permission for. Seems like an opportunistic person did a conversion and is now trying to fix or offload their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

And to remain as two apts ? If sound/fire insulation wasnt done id assume that would cost a lot

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

And to remain as two apts ? If sound/fire insulation wasnt done id assume that would cost a lot

No, convert it back into the original residence as a 3/4 bed detached house - in other words rip out the upstairs kitchen.
    I'd love to see the layout in pics, the photos taken aren't exactly informative as to the make up of the two apts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The photos dont show alot alright

Advertisement