Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Season

Options
  • 07-07-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm 22 and currently trying to make plans to find work in or around a ski resort in the US this Winter. I was thinking it would be a good way to do a bit of solo travelling while learning some winter sports. I'm leaning towards the Lake Tahoe region at the moment. As to North or South Tahoe, I haven't a clue. I'm not an experienced skier/snowboarder so I'd be looking for bar/restaurant work. I am in the very beginning stages of planning so I would really appreciate any feedback/info/tips as to good destinations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JamieHarris

That's an awesome plan! If you'd want to work at the bar or restaurant of the resort then you'd have to be sure to find a large one which actually has a bar or restaurant and other related amenities. Is there any specific country you're looking at? As far as 'soul searching' goes I'd recommend switzerland. I've been there and it truly is heaven on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Just Janice

South Lake Tahoe all the way. Best resorts are North Star, Kirkwood and Heavenly. You'll be nearer the action and be able to head to San Francisco and the Bay Area much easier. North shore is not too far and you will go to Squaw valley as the main attraction.
    Have a ball

Advertisement