Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Claims Bonus

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and wife have our own cars but Im thinking of getting rid of mine and becoming a named driver on hers. I have 7 and she has 6 years no claims bonus.

Her insurance is due at end of this month so if we pay this years insurance in her name can I then in July 2015 pay the insurance in my name to keep my NCB and then pay it in 2016 in her name to keep her NCB??

Hope i am making sence :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Yeah NCB usually lasts for two years, so just keep swapping it between you each year and youll be fine.

Advertisement