Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"China military bases threatened by luxury villas"

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/02/us-china-military-idUSKBN0F707620140702
    (Reuters) - The security of Chinese military bases is being threatened by illegally built high-rise buildings, and in one case villas built inside a base, and fake tourists seeking access to sensitive sites to spy, state media said on Wednesday.
    Saw this earlier, and thought it quite odd. It also reminded me of the apartments next to the Cathal Brugha Barracks.

Now, I'm assuming with China, they'd prefer to keep their cards close to their chest, but I'm wondering does this happen often, regarding high-rise villas being built near military installiations around the globe?

Advertisement