Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird of Prey.

Options
  • 07-07-2014 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭

Came across what must have been a bird of prey yesterday,it was on top of a live crow and being harrassed by two other crows.It flew off anyway when I passed by,chased by the two crows.
    Any ideas what it was?Brown in colour and not that much bigger than the crows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Buzzard

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Buzzard

Looks like that all right.

What about a much larger one I caught a glimpse of,massive wingspan and I think long neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

kneemos wrote: »
    Looks like that all right.

What about a much larger one I caught a glimpse of,massive wingspan and I think long neck.

Massive wingspan and long neck? Heron maybe? What colour

Massive wingspan and long neck? Heron maybe? What colour

Not a Heron.Not sure about the neck,but glided off the gate he was sitting on as I passed,the wings were probably the width of the gate(farmers gate)large body.A prey bird kind of look about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

kneemos wrote: »
    Not a Heron.Not sure about the neck,but glided off the gate he was sitting on as I passed,the wings were probably the width of the gate(farmers gate)large body.

Thing about bops including buzzards is that their wingspans look a lot bigger than they actually are.
    Depending on the county your in it's possible an wtse but I'd go with buzzard again maybe big female

• Advertisement

Thing about bops including buzzards is that their wingspans look a lot bigger than they actually are.
    Depending on the county your in it's possible an wtse but I'd go with buzzard again maybe big female

About ten miles from the SE coast.looked very similar to the WTSE.

Advertisement