Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

module exemption

Options
  • 07-07-2014 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

i did the first year of a level 8 and i passed communications with about 70% and maths with about 55%, now i've taken a gap year and enrolled in a level 5 but i don't want to do these modules again. my brother did a level 5 and he said you need to get a distinction to get an exemption but i think the people he was referring to just did another level 5, would it be different that i did level 8 modules? where a friend (who was a lecturer years ago) said having to get a distinction is an old rule.

i really don't want to waste my time with these modules again, i spent 2 years in the LC doing them (english and maths) and another year in college, if i have to do them again for a fourth year running i might implode.would you think that the college would take into my consideration my circumstances, i'm using my meager savings to fuel this acedemic year and if i can cut a day of exempt classes out on not pay 14 euro for a bus i'd be delighted.

Advertisement