Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to hard reset goclever tab A93.2

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

my neighbour got his son this goclever tab for his birthday, his son is 7. he doesn't have wifi so he gave it to me to put games on it and such. to do this i got him an email adress that i made up quickly. he had the tablet for about a year and he follishly put a pattern lock on the tablet and forgot the pattern. now it's asking for the email address that i made up almost a year ago and theres no hope ill remember. i factory reset many phones through a recovery mode but this doesn't seem to have one. holding volume up and power brings me to a picture of an android one his back under maintenance but i suspect i would have to load on the recovery mde myself. however, the tablet wont transfer data with my computereven though all the drivers install correctly. i suspect it's not inmedia transfer mode or it's refusing to transfer data as it's locked. does anyone have any advice. i'm at a loss here. i couldn't find any contact email for google either online so if anyone knows if i can contact google to rectify this situation. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Mr E wrote: »
    Try this:

thanks for the effort but the problem is i can't go into the options because it's locked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There was a section on that link that mentioned a tiny hole in the case that you can stick a paperclip through?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Mr E wrote: »
    There was a section on that link that mentioned a tiny hole in the case that you can stick a paperclip through?

oh, when i read it first i thought it was just being overly descriptive of the power off button because it said " look for the lid or the headphone connector for the reset button", this isn't very coherent to me, im not sure what the lid is, unless they are referring to the top. from left to right on the top it goes POWER-JACK-MIC-SD CARD SLOT-JACK. for the sake of trying i jabbed the mic in the hope it was the reset button but then the tablet (no word of a lie) started sounding like a coffee maker. now i think it's refusing to turn on and get past the boot menu, my guess is that either the OS is damaged and can't produce the android interface or it's an auto shut down due to erratic power spins, either way i think it's kicked it :(

Advertisement