Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged xperia play with root

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

so i rooted my xperia play a while back and deleted bloatware, the phone was slowing (on the more graphic intensive games) so i factory reset it like i always do, then it stopped recieving calls, all the calls go to voice mail, the home button stopped working and the lock menu disappeared. it still plays music, videos, games, connects to the web etc. but useless as a phone. i would normally connect it to my laptop and flash it or preferably use the sony ericson pc compaion to reinstall the os but the phone wont register with the computer WHAT DO I DO, it's not the usb cable or the laptop thats the issue, please need help from a computer whiz. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try another computer and cable. Should still show up as some form of device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

so i factory reset it like i always do,

Why the hell would you factory reset for the phone running slow!? Would the likes of an SD Maid scan not do the trick?

As another poster said, you need to rule out your own laptop. Can you try connecting it to another pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

As another poster said, you need to rule out your own laptop. Can you try connecting it to another pc?

when i connect it, it says drivers failed to install, i tried downloading drivers and everything but alas nothing works. the reason i factory reset my device is because i download the .rar content on sd and overload the xperia play with data, i take out the sd, factory restore, reinstall the small downmloaders and play games again, it was a pretty good system i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

btw, it's definetely not the usb or pc

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

btw, it's definetely not the usb or pc

Sounds like a pc software issue to me. If it was me, what i'd be doing is this.
    1. Uninstall Driver Software
    2. Uninstall any handset related software
    3. Disconnect Cable & Reboot
    4. Download Latest version of handsets connection software
    5. Install following manufacturers instructions

If it's still not working, try another computer. Cables are cheap, would recommend changing with another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement