Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build please check

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yup, that'll all work together. Looks like a nice build to me. :)

You don't have a copy of Windows in there though, don't know if you already have one.

Actually, I'd swap in this motherboard, for the simple reason that it has a digital output. VGA looks awful. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Serephucus wrote: »
    Yup, that'll all work together. Looks like a nice build to me. :)

You don't have a copy of Windows in there though, don't know if you already have one.

Actually, I'd swap in this motherboard, for the simple reason that it has a digital output. VGA looks awful. :P

Thanks. Went with the motherboard you suggested. Its great that the site uses paypal. Entering my address was a bit weird though! The house number came up after the street name??

Also how long does delivery normally take?

I just realised there is no ROM drive on this and I order it!!! What can I do now?

Well, if your parents are the type to use CDs, you can pick one up from Amazon or something. If not, then you probably only need it to install Windows, which you can do from a USB stick (and it's faster this way too).

Serephucus wrote: »
    Well, if your parents are the type to use CDs, you can pick one up from Amazon or something. If not, then you probably only need it to install Windows, which you can do from a USB stick (and it's faster this way too).

Thanks for all the help serephucus.

Just got one more question. How do I know if this tower

http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?adp=0&aid=151096&agid=635&apop=1

fits with this DVD drive?

https://www.hardwareversand.de/en/S-ATA/46257/LG+GH24NS+bare+schwarz.article

• Advertisement

It's not listed on the HWVS spec, but the case has a 5.25 bay, so it'll fit the drive fine.

Perfect, thanks. Emailed them the other day about forgetting to include the dvd drive and they said just send them the artical number and they would include it in the order. Just awaiting to hear back! Taking there time in fairness to get back to me so might ring tomorrow

Advertisement