Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate bourbon ? drink what ?

Options
  • 06-07-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi ... daft question I know. A throw away Q. (Writer)

If someone hates bourbon, what would they drink ? Scotch ? Do some people hate bourbon ? Would that make them beer only drinkers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

I'm sure there are more expert than me but..

AFAIK Bourbon is an American whiskey.

If someone hates bourbon, what would they drink ? - Anything at all. Beer, wine, other spirits, eg. vodka, rum, gin, etc.

Scotch ? - Probably not as it's also a type of whiskey

Do some people hate bourbon ? - Probably

Would that make them beer only drinkers ? - No, as above there are lots of other alternatives..

To be honest, the range of drink is so vast, as are peoples tastes it's a difficult question to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That's kind of like asking "If someone hates orange juice, would they drink apple juice? Or would that make them a Sprite-only drinker?"

I agree with your 'daft question' bit though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I could understand someone saying they don't like spirits and wondering what they would drink instead but the question you put is odd. Bourbon is just one type of whiskey and there are many others out there before you even mention brandies, ports, vodkas etc. etc. The choice is vast and would surely satisfy most tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Oh dear sorry for the stupid question. You're probably right.
    I don't drink myself :D I was just hoping that there was something about bourbon that might be a reason to turn off a person. And that reason might make them a fan of something else for the same reason ...

Tks for the help.

Advertisement