Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that go bump in the night :eek:

Options
  • 06-07-2014 3:17pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you have any ghost stories, strange things that have happened to that you can't explain, please post here :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

The most horrifying thing happened to me a while back, but I remember it as if it was yesterday. It was a fateful Friday afternoon. It may even have been the 13th, come to think about it.... I came home from work in my usual fashion. Hung my uniform on the rack in the hallway, happily unaware of the dire awfulness awaiting me in the kitchen.

I slipped into a nice dress, as you do on Fridays. Put on some marvellous Frank Sinatra music, again, as you do. Made my way to the fridge and shrieked with horror at what I saw!! Or didn't see, to be more precise: There was no Friday bubbly!!! ..... and the off-licence had closed for the day!!!! ..... The worst terror hit upon telling Mr Chuckles of my cruel findings, he said "Shur we're grand. We don't need Friday bubbly. We had some last week." :eek:

Still, to this day, I'm terrified I'll come home on a Friday afternoon only to find there's no bubbly. As for the mister, I'm pretty sure he was possessed by something truly evil that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Chuckles,

maybe you were drunk from all the bubbly,

you must have been out of it,

was there 7 empty bottles of bubbly there the next day???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The most horrifying thing happened to me a while back, but I remember it as if it was yesterday. It was a fateful Friday afternoon. It may even have been the 13th, come to think about it.... I came home from work in my usual fashion. Hung my uniform on the rack in the hallway, happily unaware of the dire awfulness awaiting me in the kitchen.

I slipped into a nice dress, as you do on Fridays. Put on some marvellous Frank Sinatra music, again, as you do. Made my way to the fridge and shrieked with horror at what I saw!! Or didn't see, to be more precise: There was no Friday bubbly!!! ..... and the off-licence had closed for the day!!!! ..... The worst terror hit upon telling Mr Chuckles of my cruel findings, he said "Shur we're grand. We don't need Friday bubbly. We had some last week." :eek:

Still, to this day, I'm terrified I'll come home on a Friday afternoon only to find there's no bubbly. As for the mister, I'm pretty sure he was possessed by something truly evil that day.

:eek: :eek: :eek: shocking stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

All righty then, one of the first of many for Seph!

My father shared this story with me many times. It happened to my Granddad.

My Granddad didn't have a car back in the day so he used to cycle everywhere. One evening he was cycling home from work. It was late enough and it was getting dark fast and he was still a good few miles from home.

A few hundred yards ahead of him he spots a light. He thought it might be one of the neighbours who had only purchased a light for their bike a few weeks previous. He notices that the light isn't going very fast so my Granddad decides to cycle faster and try and catch up to the neighbour. However after a few minutes of pedalling furiously he is still nowhere near the light.

Puzzled, my Granddad stops. He notices that the light has stopped too. My Granddad calls out to it, still thinking it's the neighbour but he gets no answer. He moves off again, and so does the light. Getting freaked out now, my Granddad decides to turn around and head back but he only gets a few meters when the light re appears in front of him again.

Suddenly the light rises up off the road and hovers in mid air for a minute or two before moving off across the fields. My Granddad watched it cross the fields and then muttered, " Ya did nothing to me". He then turned around and cycled home.

When he retold this story to his family they told him it was a wisp and that it had been following that line of the family for years.

(that's one for you Seph, more to follow :D )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Creepy :eek:

• Advertisement

Just to be clear.....

I tell my kids all the time.

There are no Monsters living under the beds....

they live in the wardrobe where all monsters live.

end off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

During the day, I don't believe in ghosts, at night I am a little more open-minded.
    x034.gif.pagespeed.ic.4l4k6A5MZG.png

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

thats a bit freaky alright :eek:

I Was paranormal activity 2 last night and it freaked me out :D

• Advertisement

New series of most haunted starting tonight on channel 245 @10 pm, should be good crack to watch :-D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

Priceless Chuckles , I love it

My ps4 started up on its own last night twice! I got such a fright both times because I was just about to nod off and all I hear are beeps and the controller was at the other end of the room, so I had unplugged it at the back, I nearly jumped outta my skin D:

yeah,

my Xbox is doing the same. its normally a jammed button on a controller switching it on....

pesky kids

Advertisement