Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unusual venues Leinster

Options
  • 06-07-2014 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi all, I have started gradually researching venues! From looking through this forum I have Kippure estate and the Station House on my list for a more unusual venue.

Basically our criteria are that we can hold the ceremony in the venue (civil ceremony), that the place is scenic, that we Have some leeway for our own ideas, nice food, and accommodation on site. I love love love beaufield mews but the idea of travelling somewhere else to stay is off putting! Somewhere that's a bit different? I would really appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lisnavagh, ballybeg, Trudder lodge, millhouse, Glendalough house, step house, borris house, mt druid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

sweetie wrote: »
    Lisnavagh, ballybeg, Trudder lodge, millhouse, Glendalough house, step house, borris house, mt druid

Loads there to explore thanks so much! Do you have any experience of any of them? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭megan2013

The Station House Hotel is gorgeous. My brother got married there last year and it was just fab. Just that little bit different compared to the standard wedding venues...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

I've been to two weddings in the Station House and it was lovely. If you get good weather it is just gorgeous to sit outside between the two main buildings. And one of the weddings had an outdoor ceremony which was really gorgeous too.

Have never been to Kippure but know of two couples who were very happy with it. I spoke to a few guests from one of the weddings because I was interested in Kippure myself and they really liked the place. And they are the types that would give out about a place if they didn't like it! Again, though, they had lovely weather for the wedding day and an outdoor ceremony.

Both of these venues are very good value. Some of the others mentioned above would be more expensive when all costs are added up. Not sure about all of them but I think Ballybeg and Millhouse would be quite a bit more expensive than Station House and Kippure Estate. Step House prices would be more in line with Kippure and Station House. Don't know about the rest. Anyway, that depends on how many people you are inviting. We wanted to invite 120 to our wedding so we were very conscious of the price and were trying to find something for around €50 per person.

Best of luck with your search. Enjoy looking around. It's a lovely part of planning your wedding. You get to see some really nice places...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Thanks for all the feedback! Especially for Kippur, there aren't many reviews online so it's great to hear good experiences. It would definitely be the more budget end for us,I liked mt druid but the camping aspect would not be suitable for elderly relatives! I think Kippur is winning for me so far,along with station house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement