Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Mods

Options
  • 06-07-2014 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I bought a GP Paps clone (the brass one from FT) and didn't expect to like it, I only really bought it because I wanted a large carto tank and thought it would look stupid on my egos.

(As an aside I was very anti-clone before I used this and have completely changed my mind now (handy change of mind I know rolleyes.png). It's nothing to do with anything really but I was surprised that some of the experienced posters here were for clones, really couldn't understand it. From my point of view now, they're all good (which various mod makers seem to believe as well it seems). I was never going to buy a GP Paps but now having used the clone I've already started looking at their site to see when their 18650s will be back in stock. It's already in the back of my mind as a treat sometime in the future. Clones arguably increase the value of the originals I think now. Everybody fiending for a clone of your device strengthens its appeal and worth. Not many people are buying it instead of yours I think/like to believe, just can't afford yours. I mean, the Caravela mod was €2000?? Is this right? Fcking hell, it's not either/or there, they weren't going to buy it anyway. Now they're just increasing awareness of it by demanding a clone, directing a handful of rich fers/lucky people your way into the bargain. So clones all good then, that's settled, back to topic.)

I can't stop vaping it. What the fcking fck. It's incredible. I have a box mod from a modder using a vamo chip (an old one I think, no OLED, only RMS mode etc.) and if I set that to 4.2v it vapes nowhere near as good as a fresh battery in the mech. And the battery lasts far less on the vamo - I even swapped my mech batt out at 3.77v as I was sure it must have been be lower by then.

Am I imagining this? How could a battery in a tube be better than a computer chip??

Obv, I'm a bit pissed now but it's just off the chain. I can't believe it's taken me so long to try one.

EDIT: Ahh wait, I'm using a 306 atty atm and I can't put it on my vamo mod so maybe that's it. Carts could be the same on either device. Well, either way it's boss. I'm expecting to acquire muscled little fingers aswell from using it, which Cosmo says is the first thing women look for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've got an atmizoo dingo mechanical mod, and it's all I use these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

They're definitely a better vape, I picked up a Nemesis clone which was recommended to me on here, and I love it, I couldn't put the thing down for ages.
    Since then I've picked up another one along with a Panzer and I've a couple of 4Nines in the post, tis addictive stuff.
    I can't ever see myself spending €200+ on an original mech mod though.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^Yeah, €200 far too much for me. I thought I might get the Paps when I'm feeling flush as a review I saw put it at €98.50. That seems ok to me for a once off thing and fairly priced - as long as the threads/finish/connections etc really are better. I think that was an old version though, looking at their site a tube, fire button and connector would hit about €120 ex postage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I have a Copper Nemesis with a Tobh on there

The vape experience is amazing. Obviously its down to my build also but you cant beat a good mech mod, good rba and a freshly charged battery.

My coil build of choice if a 3x 28g kanthal twisted micro coil, the flavour and vapour are ridiclous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I have a Copper Nemesis with a Tobh on there

The vape experience is amazing. Obviously its down to my build also but you cant beat a good mech mod, good rba and a freshly charged battery.

My coil build of choice if a 3x 28g kanthal twisted micro coil, the flavour and vapour are ridiclous :D

Might give that a lash, a single 2mm micro coil? How many wraps and what kind of resistance are you getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

rickyjb wrote: »
    Might give that a lash, a single 2mm micro coil? How many wraps and what kind of resistance are you getting?

Yeah thats it 2mm or 5/64th drill bit, I wrapped 6 times and cant remember what ohms it was off hand I presume it was around the .7 mark, but I could be way off ill check when I get outta work

Advertisement