Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best tyres for Golf V 1.6 FSI

Options
  • 05-07-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

Need to replace all four tyres on the above car (front pair almost down to legal depth, rears over 6 years old). Any recommendations for tyre brands and suppliers to fit? Local tyre depot (firststop.ie) seem to specialize in Bridgestone. Would the Turanza ER300 be decent? I don't want to skimp on quality, given that tyres are the only thing that keeps the car to road....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Whats the size of the tyre?

These might be worth checking out, doesn't cost as much as where you'd be going, I'd hazard a guess they'd want about 500 quid for all 4

www.eiretyres.ie
    www.camskill.co.uk

There's also these guys

http://www.discounttyres.ie/

Good people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

195 65R15 91h is the size at present

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Camskill.

The end :)

Not really, I'm looking for someone to supply and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Discount tyres so would be your best bet. Personally I have always found any Bridgestone I have had a little noisy and fast wearing.

Have a look at hankook ventus v2. Good tyre, very reasonably priced but a little noisy. They are VW OEM tyres on basic Golfs at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

Had a couple of sets of michelin energy on my golf v, always found them good, think they were about 85 per tyre for a set of 4

Got Firestone TZ300's in the end. €320 supplied and fitted. Glad to have the new rubber on. On the way down to Kerry on M7 there was quite a vibration in the steering wheel on the old set.

Advertisement