Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone actually use the Samsung apps?

Options
  • 05-07-2014 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

It would be nice to have some ChatOn contacts lol. However, I've never met someone who uses any of the Samsung Apps on the Galaxy Phones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

It would be nice to have some ChatOn contacts lol. However, I've never met someone who uses any of the Samsung Apps on the Galaxy Phones.

I'd use the Internet browser on occasion if Chrome was being buggy on a particular site. But otherwise.... Oh No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I use the browser, S Planner and S Note every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭GIMP

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    I use the browser, S Planner and S Note every day

I have most disabled (the ones I can) I use the browser and calendar but the rest are rubbish including the message app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If was to ever buy another Samsung device, it would purely be on the basis that I would be flashing a new ROM on to it straight away. They make decent, if overpriced, hardware, but their efforts at software are just not worth persevering with.

It'll be interesting to hear feedback on that Tizen phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, I'm pretty much limited to S-Note and S-Planner on by Note tab.

Most of the Samsung apps aren't very polished. And don't get me started on Kies....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frogurt!

First thing I do with a Galaxy is root it and remove those apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kies is an unmitigated disaster, surprised that Samsung made that crap tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Rooted the phone and wiped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

No, only the S Planner. I don't really like it though. If anyone can suggest any other calenders apps I could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

PLL wrote: »
    No, only the S Planner. I don't really like it though. If anyone can suggest any other calenders apps I could get?

I use Google Calendar. It's nothing special, but it's free, and it syncs well across platforms. I find the Chrome plugin for it on my pc handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

PLL wrote: »

Sunrise FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Jorte and Business Planner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Samsung browser and ebook reader Iv found to be grand but the rest of there apps suck balls.

Advertisement