Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap van rental in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-07-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of somewhere to rent a van cheaply in Dublin?

Need to move some desks from city centre to somewhere on the northside, don't mind driving myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

moved from After Hours, please read the current charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

Any update on this.

Needing a large type can - maybe a Merc Sprinter for the day: leaving from Dublin to do a return pickup from Derry.

Ideas welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

Got one in Tom Walsh Motors in Baldoyle. Cost me about €70 all in for the day including fuel - there is a refundable €300 deposit though

OU812 wrote: »
    Got one in Tom Walsh Motors in Baldoyle. Cost me about €70 all in for the day including fuel - there is a refundable €300 deposit though

What size was the vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

large high roof transit extended wheelbase

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    large high roof transit extended wheelbase

Nice one.
    That price will be hard to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I got one a couple of weeks ago in Hertz with a code from IKEA for €44 for the day. You don't need to be an IKEA customer, just book through the link below. The website said that it's €65/€75 for SWB and LWB vans, but I was quoted and charged €44. I only wanted a SWB, but they had none so gave me a LWB. The excess was €1100, and the waiver for this was €20. I took a gamble and didn't pay the waiver as it was a short, handy trip. But you can insure against this with carhireexcess for €3.50 per day.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_IE/customer_service/ikea_services/rent_a_van.html

Advertisement