Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back wheel robbed-where would I get a second hand one

Options
  • 05-07-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

I had my back wheel stolen a few weeks ago, and there's no sign of the junkie scumbag returning to sell it back to me this time!
    Anyone know of a good place to get a 2nd hand replacement? Need the cogs/gears too as they were robbed with the wheel. It's a few yrs old and I don't want to get a brand new one.
    Dublin based
    Found rothar and I have contacted them, any similar places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I had my back wheel stolen a few weeks ago, and there's no sign of the junkie scumbag returning to sell it back to me this time!
    Anyone know of a good place to get a 2nd hand replacement? Need the cogs/gears too as they were robbed with the wheel. It's a few yrs old and I don't want to get a brand new one.
    Dublin based
    Found rothar and I have contacted them, any similar places?

What size wheel is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

What size wheel is it?

Not sure but the bike is 22in frame and its a hybrid. Claus butler urban 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

What size is your remaining tyre? It'll be written on the side.

That'd be a 700c wheel then

28 x 1 & 5/8 x 1 & 1/2
    Come to think of it the disk brake was attached to it too, so I'll need a replacement for that.

• Advertisement

That'd be a 700c wheel then
    Yeah this is the exact bike and it says '700 x 35 street'

http://claudbutler.co.uk/cycle-range/range/claud-butler-hybrid/b2792

What you need to ask for is a 29er disc wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Adverts is handy m8 if ya don't want a new one.
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/sports-fitness/bikes/bike-wheels/847

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

28 x 1 & 5/8 x 1 & 1/2
    Come to think of it the disk brake was attached to it too, so I'll need a replacement for that.
    It's your rear wheel, right? If money is tight, you might get away without the rear disk for a very short while.

The picture isn't 100% clear, but it looks like the rotor is of the 6-bolt variety. If it doubt, take a look at the one on the front wheel and check that it's attached to the wheel by 6 bolts in a hexagonal pattern.

Cheers for the tips lads. Rother quoted me €60 just for a rim, so won't be going there. Will keep an eye on adverts.ie, otherwise will have to sell as is with the wheel missing

• Advertisement

Is 29" the diameter of the wheel then? What's the 700 and 35?

Is 29" the diameter of the wheel then? What's the 700 and 35?

700c and 29" are the same thing. Convention is that imperial measurements are used for mountain biking and metric for road.

The 35 is your tyre width, thst plus the disc suggest a mountain bike wheel.

Hey lads, trying to piece together the parts needed to fix this up. Was quoted big money in a shop, but that was new parts.
    If I go for second hand parts, would any shimano 9 speed cassette do? Or do they vary? My bike spec lists the original one as 11/32 tooth 9-speed
    And what about the disc for the brake? Front one is 6 bolt variety. Original was Shimano M445 Hydraulic Brake with 160mm Rotor

Advertisement