Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lads and gals, how many mls is in your home glass of Whiskey,

Options
  • 05-07-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

assuming you measure out that 12 yr old bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

How ever many mls I feel like drinking at the time. ;)
    I never use a measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A splash and a glug!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Some hosts offer to measure spirits so that their guests will know how much they are drinking. Others feel that it might be perceived as mean and off-putting to guests. The most sensible option as far as I'd be concerned would be to leave a bar measure beside the bottle and invite the guest to pour his own at which point they have the option of using the measure or not. That said, I don't see spirits on offer in private houses these days, except maybe at Christmas.

Originally the bar measure of a 'half glass' of spirits was a quarter gill, a gill (also known as a 'naggin') being one quarter of a pint. Nowadays it's the exact metric equivalent which is 35.5 ml. A quarter pint (142 ml) bottle of spirits used to be called a 'naggin', nowadays the term refers to a 200 ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

2 caps of a powers/paddy bottle- and 1 cap of water , repeat as necessary --

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Mine is usually a double, or 70 ml.

• Advertisement
Advertisement