Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct shambles

Options
  • 05-07-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

In the test centre as I type only 2 lads working. Had to bring my car to the garage door myself so one lad of the lads working could go to the shop the other left my car running connected to the computer for 8 mins when he went to the toilet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Standards are slipping and no valet parking oh no.
    Hope they at lease cut the crust of the bread so you can enjoy tea and cucumber sandwiches while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not seeing the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

This is exactly why Liveline should be on, on Saturdays, the country is lost without Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

kneemos wrote: »
    Not seeing the problem.

He's missing Argentina v Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

bitemeluis wrote: »
    He's missing Argentina v Belgium

Not to mention Clare and Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Had to go there twice recently and it was flawless. They saw me early and finished the test early so can't complain about anything. I passed both times too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Depending on how many cars are there they ask you to either park at the shutters or in the parking spaces. I've been asked to do both. A shortage or otherwise of mechanics doesn't have a bearing on it.

Bit pointless getting you to park in a spot across the yard when he's going to get in it and pull it up to the shutter himself anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

heffoo wrote: »
    In the test centre as I type only 2 lads working. Had to bring my car to the garage door myself so one lad of the lads working could go to the shop the other left my car running connected to the computer for 8 mins when he went to the toilet.

So what did you fail on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭greasepalm

mmm dump valve failure:D holiday season i expect down a few but maybe to do with bookings.not much point in having full turnout if only expecting a few cars in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stop, sure there is a two month lead time on NCT checks at the moment. I'm booked in for September!. NCT expires later this week, made my booking few weeks ago.

I'm ringing them up twice a day to try get a cancelation with no such luck.

Typical really when it comes to stuff we do with cars. If it's not months and months waiting for licenses or tests it's months waiting on the NCT.

And I'm sure a Guard will be really sympathetic when I advise him I can't afford to NOT be in work, waiting sixty days for a test that takes ten minutes....

Must look into organising my test for a quieter time of year, this happens every year. And every year I give myself 4 weeks leadtime, and I still get a 2 month leadtime. Been lucky with getting a cancelled spot, but people obviously getting wise to that, been getting no joy with cancelations :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

TheDoc wrote: »
    Must look into organising my test for a quieter time of year, this happens every year. And every year I give myself 4 weeks leadtime, and I still get a 2 month leadtime. Been lucky with getting a cancelled spot, but people obviously getting wise to that, been getting no joy with cancelations :(

You can book a test 3 months in advance of expiration. Why not book sooner if you expect such a long delay?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

TheDoc wrote: »
    Stop, sure there is a two month lead time on NCT checks at the moment. I'm booked in for September!. NCT expires later this week, made my booking few weeks ago.

I'm ringing them up twice a day to try get a cancelation with no such luck.

Typical really when it comes to stuff we do with cars. If it's not months and months waiting for licenses or tests it's months waiting on the NCT.

And I'm sure a Guard will be really sympathetic when I advise him I can't afford to NOT be in work, waiting sixty days for a test that takes ten minutes....

Once its booked the guards won't mind just make sure you have the print out with the date on it.

Advertisement