Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Omen's - My experiences

Options
  • 05-07-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all, been reading through some of the stories here and found them interesting. I am neither a skeptic nor a true believer. I do think there is something out there but not sure, don't really subscribe to the whole theory. Maybe residual hauntings are more believable! Anyway my question relates to death and omens. In December a grand aunt of mine died. She was unwell with cancer since the summer of last year but seemed to be doing well. She was 80 but managing with painkillers etc. Her death was quite unexpected in the end, she was in hospital for a blood transfusion and just slipped away. Her family weren't even there. I was driving that morning to school and just as I pulled up to a roundabout this bird slammed into my window screen, killing him instantly. It gave me a shock, the bang, but I laughed and continued. We heard of my gran aunts death that evening and at the reception following her funeral I learned the time of her death, 8.30. The time I would have been driving. Thoughts?

Also exactly a month later I lost my grandfather, also suddenly at 75 following a stroke. His death however was expected in one sense that he had had a stroke but Also not in the sense that the doctors were not expecting it that night. I had a very vivid dream that night of his wake. I imagined him in his coffin and the people around it. I could see his body, the strange thing was that he was lying on his side. I woke up with a start in the middle of the night, regretfully I didn't note the time but fell back asleep. Learned of his death by telephone later that afternoon, he died at 4.30am.

What are your thoughts on these experiences? And I know people often say 'oh he came to say goodbye' etc, but I had a strained relationship with my grandfather and hadn't been in touch in over 8 years. Did attend the wake/funeral and interesting to note the dream of his wake didn't match up to the reality in that there was a different coffin, different room, different people and he wasn't lying on his side. Many thanks, M

Advertisement