Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Huawei ascend g630

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

I'd imagine it can be rooted easily, as the other Huawei ones are and if there are stock ROMs it should be a handy little number (I'm really not a fan of Emotion UI). That also looks like the only way to get to Kitkat for that phone aswell, as official updates seem to be something Huawei are lacking in - I'm coming from a Huawei y300 fwiw.

Do they have this for cherry points do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I didn't see it on the Vodafone website so I dont know about the cherry points. Guy in carphonewarehouse showed me a demo of it and the screen was very nice and very snappy navigating through out the menus. I'm very tempted to buy this phone just that I'm not switching to vodafone. I'd have to be able to unlock it easily to pop my meteor sim into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Have seen nothing on the website about it but it sounds like a Moto G competitor with a better camera and worse software. Unlocking Huawei's is traditionally cheap and easy (there's a guy on eBay, KSM or Nikor or something that did my Y300 when it first arrived). The main downside is that Emotion UI: it would have to be rooted and a different ROM put on it.

I'm willing to use a GNE Launcher but don't fancy bogging down the phone with a Launcher over a skin over Android...

It does seem a good deal for under €150 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Can anyone with this phone tell me about the keyboard? I am interesting in getting a new phone but i find with the lesser known android brands the keyboard tends to be unresponsive/laggy. I have an iPod touch and love the keyboard on it but find my current android phones keyboard horrible to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

there are loads of keyboards on the play store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Anyone get it? How are you getting on with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

beauf wrote: »
    Anyone get it? How are you getting on with it?

I'm getting one for Christmas so would love to hear how others are getting on too!

Advertisement