Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to boards & ecigs. Please help!

Options
  • 05-07-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So I purchased a mild light e cig from a local shop about a month ago & being honest I haven't looked back. I am starting to run into some problems though. Hope you guys can help me out.

When I got my kit, the guy in the shop told me the burner would last about a month. I've replaced it 3 times already. Stemming from a burnt taste, to a leaking clearomizer. From. Reading all of the posts here I have learned to clean the coil head & that seems to be helping. But it's still not lasting as long as I thought. Any tips to prolong the life? Am I doing something wrong or am I destined to replace the coil head every 4 or 5 days. Is there anywhere I can buy crystal 11 clearomizers for a mild light unit cheaper & in bulk?

Any tips for getting the best out of my unit that are tried & tested?

Where is the best place to get liquid from? To date I have tried black tobacco flavour (not my cup of tea) vanilla, cherry & apple. I've kind of settled in Apple but am looking to try something new.

Sorry for the long winded post & I apologise if it's all been asked & answered but I'm a bit dim when it comes to all the terminology & am sinking fast!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

LBBL730 wrote: »
    When I got my kit, the guy in the shop told me the burner would last about a month.
    That guy sounds like a knob. Certain juices last longer than others, but...
    ...am I destined to replace the coil head every 4 or 5 days?
    ...this sounds about right. The darker or sweeter the juice, the less time the coil will last. Something unsweetened and clear like a menthol with nothing else would last weeks.
    Is there anywhere I can buy crystal 11 clearomizers for a mild light unit cheaper & in bulk?
    Those are eGo-threaded clearos, try out the eVod or Protank mini from any of our local retailers, or the Aspire minis get good reviews as well.
    These kinds of clearos can also be bought from Fasttech with a fairly long wait to be expected and questionable quality at times but... IT'S REEEEEALY FUUUCKINNNNG CHEEEEAP. Much bargains to be had.
    I have no idea what a mild light unit is. Is there branding on your battery?
    Any tips for getting the best out of my unit that are tried & tested?
    If it's just a standard eGo battery with no variable voltage, try to keep the resistance of whatever you put on it around the 1.8 to 2ohm mark. Better flavour and vapour and such.
    Where is the best place to get liquid from?
    You'll be sorry you asked this - there's a world of amazing flavours. Vaporium are the Juice Kings of Ireland, large range of fancy stuff.
    Then e-smokeireland who also take care of House of Liquid in Ireland (nicest tobacco juices on the planet, but coil-killers - we're talking half a day with a couple of the Virginia-leaf-based liquids, to a few days with the cigar ones).
    The Halcyon Haze juice @ VapourPal is lovely as well. Gin's Addiction is delish.
    As is their VMist 'Rainbow Fruit' (tastes like Skittles).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Right this is bothering me. I have a generic clearomiser here with House of Liquid Virginia in it, it's lasted at least 8 weeks of fairly light use... That seems WAAY too long. I'm really starting to wonder what I'm doing wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The light use would help a lot. As would lower wattages.

Virginia Prime even has it's own "how to make the coil last longer" thread on UKV - your method is probably the only answer.
    Vape little and low.
    Most VP users want to plough through 4ml a day at 10-15w and the liquid's just not working with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

4ml a DAY? Woah, I'm not remotely close to that, I wouldn't go through that in a week at present. But I'm just using an normal ego battery and an i16 or similar. That would be it yeah. Actually think it's a bit wrecked tbh. Was looking at an ego / evod kit there, or the cool fire 1 (28 quid in Smoke Different on Mary Street). Might wander out at lunch time. I've upped the ciggarettes WAY too much lately and I need to cut back or get vaping again, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LBBL730

Thanks grindle, think I'm getting the hang of things now. Found a shop where I can get replacement coil heads 5 for €10, that's not too and I suppose. Checked out the pro tank and it looks good alright. Had just replaced my coils and spent a fortune on liquids so held back on buying. Will probably in the future though.

Starting to get up a fairly Hugh collection of liquids at this stage. Some a really nice but god have I got some wack ones. Got some black currant by v mist & have to say its the foulest thing I've ever tasted!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Thanks grindle, think I'm getting the hang of things now. Found a shop where I can get replacement coil heads 5 for €10, that's not too and I suppose. Checked out the pro tank and it looks good alright. Had just replaced my coils and spent a fortune on liquids so held back on buying. Will probably in the future though.

Starting to get up a fairly Hugh collection of liquids at this stage. Some a really nice but god have I got some wack ones. Got some black currant by v mist & have to say its the foulest thing I've ever tasted!!

The evod 2, T3d and aerotanks all use the same coil, so they are a handy way of having basically different tanks without having to worry about having several types of coil around the place. The upgraded kanger coils are very good and I've not had one duff one yet, or had any leaks.

Thebestshop.eu give bulk discount so ten will cost you €15, plus use the discount code irishvape when you check out and you get a 10% discount if your order is more than €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

There's a vast range of flavours, and it all comes down to personal taste. When I started I just went for a bunch of sample packs. I don't like sweet flavours, and I found most of the 'tobacco' flavours to be nothing like tobacco at all. It took me a while to find the juices I like. Now that I've found them I'm much more open to the ones I initially dismissed. It might take a bit of experimenting to find what you like, so samplers are the way to go. Spending the equivalent to a few packs of smokes on it is worth it though, and you can always swap what you don't want for other liquids on here.

The evod 2, T3d and aerotanks all use the same coil, so they are a handy way of having basically different tanks without having to worry about having several types of coil around the place. The upgraded kanger coils are very good and I've not had one duff one yet, or had any leaks.

Do all clearomizers have the 510 ego battery threading or is there some that won't fit my battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

You should check out the anyvape mini davide tank, in my opinion they are better than the kanger tanks, I've tried a fair few: Evod glass, mini protank 2 & 3 and the mini aerotank. Very nice vapor production off the standard ego style batteries. Not sure where you're based but there is a shop (cigatec) in Dun Laoghaire that sells them @ €15 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Do all clearomizers have the 510 ego battery threading or is there some that won't fit my battery?

Pretty much so. Certainly the ones I listed and the aspire ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Shanygchef

*snip* sorry no advertising allowed.

I am an addict!!

I bought a Volish ce10+ clearomizer from the local polish shop I use yesterday because my crystal 11 clearomizers were doing my head in. Kind of feel I was suckered into it, not really sure what I bought, except that hopefully it won't leak.

Then this evening I ordered a kanger evod with a kanger IPOW variable volt battery from the best shop. Well happy with my very first online purchase. Please tell me I did good, and didn't order something I'm going to want to dump in a weeks time. (This is the case with my mild light unit, that doesn't hold a charge, leaks & is uuugglly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

You did good.
    Kanger are a good brand and will last you but you seem bitten by the bug,welcome to the world of shineyitis.
    Now go hide your credit card before you start buying more stuff >.<

Advertisement