Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas Prior Hall

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We are considering the Thomas Prior Hall in Ballsbridge for a reception but I've heard from others that the food is really bad. Has anyone been to a wedding there recently?

Any other suggestions for venues around town that can cater for around 150?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

WoobyWoo wrote: »
    We are considering the Thomas Prior Hall in Ballsbridge for a reception but I've heard from others that the food is really bad. Has anyone been to a wedding there recently?

Any other suggestions for venues around town that can cater for around 150?

Thanks!

Can you clarify "really bad food"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WoobyWoo

Well one story involved food poisoning...

Other people just found it not well cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

I've been to two weddings therd but most recent was at the end of 2012. I remember nothing particular about food at the first, so it must have been grand, and I remember a really lovely pork main course at the second - an unusual wedding meal that was lovely.

Food poisoning is something any hospitality business would take extremely seriously, I doubt its a routine occurance. But if you've heard rumours of consistent poor catering, I have no idea hos you'd verify or disprove them, short of attending snother function there yourself.

Advertisement