Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Secret Life of Students - C4

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-secret-life-of-students

Was anyone else watching this?
    OMG!!! as one of the participants might have said.

I'd say there are plenty nervous parents sending their beloveds off to university for the first time, having seen that.

Shy teetotal history buff Lauren trying to explain to them why joking about Nazi salutes wasn't actually funny - bless her.

Total k**bhead Aiden who, on finding out about his dose of 'clymedia'(sic), promptly texted all his mates. Totes awks.

Car crash TV at its best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was it real or scripted though?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LiverpoolLad95

I was watching it, i think it might of been scripted TBH. When Aiden reveals he has chlamydia with the girl he slept with, she just laughed and was like OMG.

If it was serious I think she would be raging and brickn it. Also, i think the program might of just did it to raise awareness.

Felt sorry for the recluse (Lauren??), she did make it a bit 'awks' with the depressive nature but I couldn't help but feel so sorry for her when we meet her parents.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 'I will pray for you' reaction from another friend to the chlamydia news was hilarious.

I think most of these 'reality' shows are scripted - at least I hope so, or there is little hope for the world.

The Lauren girl is actually quite naturally pretty, although the ponytail and clothes don't do her any favours - no doubt there will be a 'duckling into swan' story later on.

Advertisement