Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Music system OPEL

Options
  • 04-07-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have 2006 model opel. Unfortunately there is only CD player and FM radio in it. If I burn a song CD it can have only about 15 songs. There is no AUX or USB input, so I can not connect my mobile phone or ipod. :(
    I recently bought FM transmitter with USB port but the sound isn't crystal clear.
    What are my options to play updated music without burning CD every now and then?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can your CD player play mp3 files off a disc, there would be a logo or something on the front if it can.
    You'd fit a good few albums on one cd in mp3 format.

You can get an iPod/3.5mm input for your headunit. The likes of connects2, xcarlink, dension etc would be what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

There is no MP3 logo inside the car. But I think it can play MP3 files from CD, because the songs on my laptop are in mp3 format. When i burn a song MP3 CD, then on laptop it asks whether it would be for laptop/computer or music system. When i choose the latter, then the CD gets full after 15 or so songs only.

I am going to check headunits now.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Can your CD player play mp3 files off a disc, there would be a logo or something on the front if it can.
    You'd fit a good few albums on one cd in mp3 format.

You can get an iPod/3.5mm input for your headunit. The likes of connects2, xcarlink, dension etc would be what you're looking for.

Try burning disc for other devices and see how many you can fit, download Nero software if necessary.

The inputs I suggested earlier retain your current car radio.

Ok, i will try different option for burning disc. Sometimes the CD doesn't play, can it be due to dirt inside? Is there anything to clean up the CD player?

I am attaching the picture of music system. I can only see CD30 written on it.

2rmbbiw.jpg
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Try burning disc for other devices and see how many you can fit, download Nero software if necessary.

The inputs I suggested earlier retain your current car radio.

There is a CD30 MP3, but it would have that written on the front, so unlikely yours does mp3.

You need something like this
    http://www.car-interface.com/vendita/en/opel-usb-sd-aux-interfaces/197-opel-vauxhall-gm-usb-sd-aux-interface-xcarlink.html
    This might need some additional programming of the headunit to activate the input.

This is a lot simpler but doesn't have as many functions.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dension-Ice-link-ONE-Universal-Digital-ILF7CR91/dp/B005HIAO3S

• Advertisement

There is 3.5mm jack near handbrake. But its not playing any music if i connect my phone :(

I thought only the cd30mp3 had the aux in. I wonder if your stereo is the one that came with the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Only the original stereo that first came with the car will work in the car. These radios are not interchangeable from one car to another.

Isn't it only the 9 button CD30 or mp3 that does Aux in?

Yes, its CD30 with original music system from opel factory.
    You can see the picture above.

• Advertisement

any idea how much would it cost to replace this CD30 music system with another system which has AUX 3.5 mm input?

Advertisement